The Committee on Neurobiology acts within the Medical Sciences Division of the Polish Academy of Sciences
The research domains of the Committee are neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, neurochemistry, neuropharmacology, neuroinformatics, psychopharmacology and neurobiological foundations of behavior.
The role of the Committee is to undertake activities that lead to the development of the field of neurobiology and implementation of its achievements for the good of the people and country.
The principal responsibilities of the Committee are:
- Analyzing and evaluating the state of neurobiology research in Poland and giving opinions on the scientific policy, especially with regard to research directions and priorities
- Disseminating and implementing the achievements of neurobiology research
- Evaluating neuroscience education at schools in Poland
- Giving opinions and taking actions to facilitate training and development of junior scientific staff in the field of neurobiology
- Cooperation with other scientific societies in the field of neurobiology and bioethics
- Reviewing applications for scientific awards in the field of neurobiology
- Promoting neurobiology and neuroscience in Poland